This recipe was shared in our Dad Cents podcast, Episode 9
Click Here to Listen to the Episode
This recipe was pulled from 365daysofcrockpot.com
- 1 large onion
- 3 1/2 lbs pork loin
- 6 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 bay leaf
- 4 oz diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Cut the onion into thick 1/2 inch slices and place the round onion slices on the bottom of your 6 quart slow cooker.Place the pork on top of the onion slices.
- Cut 6 half inch slits in the top of the pork and place the garlic cloves into the slits.
- Cut the jalapeno in half and remove the seeds and white pith. Dice the jalapeno very finely. Sprinkle over the pork.
- Sprinkle the pork with 1 tsp kosher salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Sprinkle with the oregano and cumin. Top the pork with the bay leaves.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for about 6-8 hours. Remove the pork and place on a cutting board.
- Discard the bay leaves and shred the pork. Place shredded pork back into the slow cooker and stir in diced green chiles and lime juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large frying pan heat up the olive oil over medium heat. Place pork into the frying pan (you may need to do this in batches). Press the pork down hard until one side is crisp and brown. Place pork back into the slow cooker and stir in with juices.
Serve the pork in salads, tacos, burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas, etc.
Note: you can do this in your Instapot! Email me and I'll share that recipe with you!